Jan 28, 2021
Time: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Location: 25 E. Pearson Street, 10th Floor | Chicago, 60611
How do we create equitable outcomes for children and families of color within the child welfare system? That was the discussion at LCFS' Annual Meeting held in January 2020. LCFS VP and Chief Operating Officer Beverly Jones shared the journey LCFS has been taking to dismantle institutional racism and achieve racial equity for the children and families of color we serve: “It’s not okay that we have one child without a loving forever family in Illinois.” She also challenged those in attendance to think about what each of us as organizations and individuals can do to come together and support children and families of color. We invite you to join us on this journey.
Register Now - Check back for details on LCFS' 2021 Annual Meeting
LCFS Annual Meeting
- Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020 | 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Location: Loyola University Chicago School of Law | Philip H. Corboy Law Center | Power Rogers & Smith Ceremonial Courtroom, 10th Floor | 25 E. Pearson Street Chicago
- A complimentary lunch will be provided.
- There is no cost to attend, but seating is limited.
- Keynote Presenter: Dr. Fred Wulczyn, Chapin Hall Senior Research Fellow and Director of the Center for State Child Welfare Data
- Topic Presentation: Dismantling Institutional Racism Brick by Brick - Achieving racial equity in child welfare by Beverly Jones, LCFS VP and COO
- Q&A Session
Post Event Resources
- LCFS Annual Meeting Video: Watch the complete recording of LCFS' Annual Meeting presentation
- Topic Presentation Slides: Dismantling Institutional Racism Brick by Brick - LCFS' Journey presented by Beverly Jones, LCFS VP and COO
- LCFS Resources: Check out these resources that LCFS has utilized during our racial equity journey
- Partner With Us: Interested in learning more about ways you can partner with LCFS? Contact Director of Marketing and Communications Sara LoCoco at Sara_LoCoco@lcfs.org or 708-488-5576.