Become a part-time STAC foster parent
- March 26, 2018
Help a child … feel safe, build a future, return to family. Become a part-time STAC foster parent.
Southern Thirty Adolescent Center (an emergency shelter for youth in Mt. Vernon, Illinois) needs part-time foster parents to provide temporary overnight care for a child.
Questions worth considering …
- Do you have compassion for innocent children in desperate need of a safe home to sleep in at night?
- Are you motivated to be an inspiration in a child’s life at a time when your influence and service is needed the most?
- Would you like to help reduce the rate of child abuse, neglect and homeless children living in your community?
Did you answer yes? Review the responsibilities of a part-time foster parent…
- Picking the child up from STAC at 8:00 p.m., allowing the child to sleep in your home overnight and returning the child to our facility at 8 a.m. every day.
- Providing a safe, structured and nurturing environment while a child is in your home.
- Participating in trainings and ability to use behavioral interventions when necessary.
Other things to consider…
- Foster parents are paid monthly for each day a child resides in their home overnight.
- We have 24-hour crisis staff available to assist with any emergency situtation.
- Each child is required to attend our day-treatment program from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- The child receives supervision, education and treatment services throughout each day.
- Each child is referred to us through DCFS; guardianship rights will remain with the state.
- The projected length of stay for each child is 30 days or until a permanent home is secured.
Contact Susan Feltman at (618) 242-2238 ext. 102 for more information.